Trigyn Technologies has a contractual opportunity for GIS Assistant. This resource will be working at their client site in Brindisi, Italy.
- Compile large-scale operation maps and small-scale briefing/report maps;
- Perform collecting processes and evaluate geographic data including vector, raster and thematic data;
- Assist in design, develop, maintain and use spatial databases as well as spatial data management tools;
- Assist in design symbology, templates and other related cartographic and geovisualization products;
- Assist in spatial and terrain analysis studies, and the prediction of the effects of terrain, weather and situations on the mission’s operations.
- Assist in generation of 3D visualization products;
- Assist in production and maintenance of web-map services and web-map applications;
- Perform Quality Control and Quality Assurance (QC/QA) on all products generated and disseminated by the Section, including procedures on all extracted features and retrieved parameters, geo-data and maps;
- Assist in satellite imagery processing for remote sensing projects and tasks, i.e. image interpretation, analysis, image classification, feature extraction etc.;
- Conduct field surveys for geospatial data collection and truth verification;
- Conduct the archiving of geographic data and maintaining the mission’s geo-database system;
- Follow the procedures related to data security, data acquisition, and data share policies are in place;
- Follow the procedures for archiving and maintenance of map production and map catalogues;
- Assist in the incorporation of innovative technologies in geospatial and remote sensing products and services, i.e. artificial intelligence AI, Extended Reality XR (AR-MR-VR), etc;
- Other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- Excellent practical Geospatial information related skills;
- At least 3 years working experience in GIS, remote sensing and image analysis;
- Experience in using remote sensing software such as ERDAS Imagine, ERDAS LPS, etc.;
- Experience in using open-source GIS software and ArcGIS (Desktop, Server and online applications), experience in PostgreSQL, SQL Server Enterprise, Model Builder,
- Geocortex; Experience in spatial database management;
- Skills using graphic design software is an asset;
- Skills in the use and application of innovative technologies including AI and XR and related software is an asset;
- Fluency in English, both written and oral, is required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Driving licence suitable to drive 4X4 vehicles;
- Excellent client orientation.
Trigyn Technologies is a multinational IT services company with resources deployed in 25 countries. TRIGYN is an ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS) and CMMI Level 5 certified company. TRIGYN has offices in United States, Canada, Germany Switzerland and India.
(Fonte: Trigyn Technologies)